Swifte Radio
Live Streaming
100%
Swifte Radio
Live Streaming
Home NewsIran Warns of Wider Global Conflict if U.S. Launches New Military Attacks

Iran Warns of Wider Global Conflict if U.S. Launches New Military Attacks

by Adetoun Tade
0 comments

Iran has warned that any renewed military strikes by the United States could trigger a war extending far beyond the Middle East, escalating tensions amid stalled negotiations between Tehran and Washington.

The threat came after President Donald Trump revealed he had come close to restarting military operations against Iran before deciding to allow more time for diplomacy.

According to statements carried by Iranian state media, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned that future aggression would spark a broader international conflict.

“If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will extend beyond the region this time,” the Revolutionary Guards said.

banner

The warning arrives roughly six weeks after Trump paused “Operation Epic Fury” under a ceasefire agreement that temporarily halted the intense U.S.-Israeli military campaign against Iran. However, diplomatic efforts aimed at ending the crisis have reportedly stalled.

Iran has submitted a new proposal to the United States this week, but reports indicate Tehran continues demanding conditions previously rejected by Washington, including control over the strategically critical Strait of Hormuz, sanctions relief, compensation for war damages, access to frozen assets, and the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the region.

Trump said this week that he was “an hour away” from authorizing another round of military strikes before delaying action to keep negotiations alive.

Meanwhile, tensions surrounding the Strait of Hormuz continue to disrupt global energy markets. Iran has severely restricted maritime traffic through the waterway since the conflict escalated earlier this year, creating major concerns over global oil supplies and shipping routes.

The strait remains one of the world’s most important oil transit chokepoints, and restrictions there have contributed to rising energy prices worldwide.

Reports indicate Iran recently reached an arrangement allowing some Chinese oil tankers to pass through the strait, while countries including South Korea and India continue monitoring the situation closely due to their dependence on Gulf oil shipments.

Oil markets have remained volatile as investors react to rapidly shifting statements from Washington and Tehran. Benchmark Brent crude prices briefly eased Wednesday but remain significantly elevated compared to levels before the conflict intensified.

Vice President JD Vance said negotiations were progressing, describing talks as being in “a pretty good spot,” even as military threats continue from both sides.

The broader conflict has already caused significant devastation across the region. Thousands of people have reportedly been killed in Iran since the U.S.-Israeli campaign began, while regional instability has spread into neighboring countries including Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Jordan.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Trump have both argued the military campaign is aimed at weakening Iran’s missile systems, nuclear capabilities, and support for regional armed groups, including Hezbollah.

Despite the military pressure, analysts say Iran still retains significant missile capabilities, enriched uranium stockpiles, and influence through regional allied militias.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?